Crunchy Rosemary-Lemon Chickpeas
Be patient. The chickpeas need a long time in the oven to get really crunchy, which is what you want. Eat them as a snack, pack them in your lunchbox, or use them on a salad instead of croutons.Newsletter Sign Up
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your equipment and ingredients and put them on a counter.
- Turn the oven on and set the heat to 400 degrees.
- Put a layer of paper towels on the countertop and add the drained chickpeas. Roll them around to dry them.
- Put the chickpeas, oil, and garlic powder on the baking sheet and shake the pan to roll the chickpeas around until they are coated with the oil.
- Once the oven temperature has reached 400 degrees, put the baking sheet in the oven. Bake until the chickpeas are crunchy and golden brown, 40-50 minutes, stirring halfway through with the spatula to make sure they cook evenly.
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven. While they’re still hot, carefully sprinkle on the rosemary, lemon zest, and salt and mix well. Eat them right away or store them in a covered container for up to 1 day.
Leave out the rosemary and lemon (but keep the garlic powder!) and season with one of the following:
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce and teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Grated zest of 1 lime and 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder