Classic Egg Salad
If you’re a fan of egg salad, you’ll love this super-fresh version. And if you’re not? Maybe you’ll change your mind! Serve this as a sandwich with lettuce and tomato slices, inside a lettuce leaf, or scooped on top of a green salad.
Sharp knife (adult needed)
Fork or spoon, for mixing
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your equipment and ingredients and put them on a counter.
- Put the yogurt, olive oil, mustard, herbs, and salt in the bowl and mix well.
- Add the celery and mix well.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and then cut them back and forth a few more times (they don’t need to be evenly cut).
- Add them to the bowl and, using the fork or spoon, mix well. Now taste the egg salad. Does it need a pinch more salt or seasoning? If so, then add it and taste again. Serve right away or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
- Curried Egg Salad: Add 1 teaspoon curry powder and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or basil leaves
- Lemony Egg Salad: Add 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice and 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Oniony Egg Salad: Add 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion or scallions, and, if you have any, a tablespoon of slivered chives
Do you like your egg salad super-creamy? Add an additional 1 tablespoon each olive oil and yogurt.