Cinnamon “Fried” Banana
Cinnamon "Fried" Bananas
These golden-sweet slices smell fantastic when they're cooking—and they taste even better! Eat them plain, or use them as a cinnamon-y pancake or French-toast topper.
- Cutting board
- Dinner knife
- Measuring spoons
- Large skillet
- 1 tablespoon butter or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 just-ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- Put the butter, honey, and cinnamon in the skillet and turn the heat to medium. When the butter has melted, mix well.
- Carefully add the banana slices and cook until they are golden, about 3 minutes. Carefully turn the slices over and cook until the other side is golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the bananas to the plate and serve right away.