Try substituting crispy chickpeas for croutons in your next salad! They’re tasty and crunchy, and they add a lot of flavor.Newsletter Sign Up
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your equipment and ingredients and put them on a counter.
- Put a double layer of paper towels on your clean counter, and spread the chickpeas on them to dry a bit (this will make crisping them easier).
- Put the skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium. Add the oil, then the chickpeas. Sprinkle on the salt.
- Cook the chickpeas, turning them with the spatula every few minutes at first, until they are deep brown and crisp, 10-15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the garlic or garlic powder, if you’re using it. Set aside to cool.
- Carefully put the chickpeas in the bowl and serve right away or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days (they will lose their crunch but still taste good).
DID YOU KNOW?
“Chickpeas” and “garbanzo beans” are two different names for the same beans!