Try substituting crispy chickpeas for croutons in your next salad! They’re tasty and crunchy, and they add a lot of flavor.
Colander or strainer
Sharp knife (adult needed)
1. Put a double layer of paper towels on your clean counter, and spread the chickpeas on them to dry a bit (this will make crisping them easier).
2. Put the skillet on the stove, turn the stove on, and set the heat to medium. Add the oil, then the chickpeas. Sprinkle on the salt.
3. Cook the chickpeas, turning them with the spatula every few minutes at first, until they are deep brown and crisp, 10–15 minutes.
4. Turn off the heat and stir in the garlic or garlic powder, if you’re using it. Set aside to cool.
5. Carefully put the chickpeas in the bowl and serve right away or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days (they will lose their crunch but still taste good).
Did you Know?
“Chickpeas” and “garbanzo beans” are two different names for the same beans!