Come summertime, we figure we should eat as many berries as we can. This creamy fruit shake is a great way to do just that.
- Measuring cup
- Blender (adult needed)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries or strawberries, or a combination
- 1⁄2 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened cherries, pitted
- 2 dates, pitted
- 2 ice cubes
- Put all the ingredients in the blender.
- Put the top on tightly. Turn on the blender to medium speed and blend until the mixture is smooth, 30-60 seconds.
- Divide the smoothie equally between 2 glasses and serve right away, or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
DID YOU KNOW? Dates are a great natural sweetener because they also add nutrients, including fiber and the minerals calcium, magnesium, and potassium. Feel free to swap half a banana — another wholesome sweetener — for the dates, if you prefer. “Pitted” means with the pits removed.