Quesadillas are quick, easily adaptable and, above all, completely delicious. A quesadilla is like a Mexican grilled cheese sandwich, but instead of using slices of bread, it uses corn or flour tortillas with melted cheese in the middle. This recipe is for a basic cheese quesadilla, but try some of our filling suggestions for even more flavor!Newsletter Sign Up
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your equipment and ingredients and put them on a counter.
- Put 1 tortilla on the plate and sprinkle 1/4 cup grated cheese on one side of the tortilla. Try not to get the cheese too close to the edge.
- Put the skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
- Put the tortilla on the hot skillet cheese side up and cook until the bottom is lightly browned and the cheese is gooey, about 2 minutes. Using the spatula, fold one half of the tortilla over the other half, to make a moon shape. Cook another 30 seconds. Return to the plate.
- Repeat with the remaining tortilla.
- Cut both tortillas into wedges.
Want to pack more protein and vegetables into your quesadilla? Here are some fillings to make them even more delicious:
- 1/4 cup cooked or canned black beans
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup cooked or canned kidney beans
- 1 scrambled egg (for a breakfast quesadilla)
- 2 tablespoons tomato salsa