This easy salad is like a cross between a slaw and a pickle. It makes a nice, simple snack or side dish, but it’s also great in a sandwich or taco or on burger.Newsletter Sign Up
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your kitchen gear and ingredients and put them on a clean counter.
- Grate the carrots on the large holes of the box grater. Put them in the bowl.
- Stir in the lime juice and zest, honey, salt, mint, and peanuts. Taste the salad. Do you think it needs more lime? Mint? Honey? Salt? If so, add it, and taste again.
- Serve right away or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Use lemon juice and zest instead of the lime juice and zest, or use vinegar.
- Use parsley or cilantro instead of the mint, or use the fragrant leaves inside a bunch of celery.