Carrots add a natural sweetness to cake so you need less sugar. Try them with delicious maple cream cheese icing!Newsletter Sign Up
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your kitchen gear and ingredients and put them on a clean counter.
- Turn the oven on and set it to 350 degrees.
- Put cupcake liners in 12 cupcake or muffin tins.
- Put the oil, sugar, and eggs in a large bowl or in a stand mixer with paddles attached.
- Beat the mixture until everything is evenly blended.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Using the scoop, fill each of the prepared muffin tins 2/3 of the way to the top.
- Once the oven temperature has reached 350 degrees, put the muffin tins in the oven and bake 22-25 minutes or until the tops are slightly browned and rounded. (When they’re done, a toothpick should come out clean.)
- Let sit until cool (10-15 minutes). Then remove the cupcakes from the tins.
DID YOU KNOW?
Carrots have been used to sweeten cakes since medieval times when pure sugar was too expensive.