Carrots add a natural sweetness to cake so you need less sugar. Try them with delicious maple cream cheese icing!
Mixer or large bowl
2 ounce scoop or tablespoon
12-cup muffin tin
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your kitchen gear and ingredients and put them on a clean counter.
- Turn the oven on and set it to 350 degrees.
- Put cupcake liners in 12 cupcake or muffin tins.
- Put the oil, sugar, and eggs in a large bowl or in a stand mixer with paddles attached.
- Beat the mixture until everything is evenly blended.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Using the scoop, fill each of the prepared muffin tins 2/3 of the way to the top.
- Once the oven temperature has reached 350 degrees, put the muffin tins in the oven and bake 22-25 minutes or until the tops are slightly browned and rounded. (When they’re done, a toothpick should come out clean.)
- Let sit until cool (10-15 minutes). Then remove the cupcakes from the tins.
DID YOU KNOW?
Carrots have been used to sweeten cakes since medieval times when pure sugar was too expensive.