Blueberries are amazing brain food. Just half a cup a day keeps your brain cells healthy and your memory strong. (In lab experiments, rats that eat blueberries keep their brain power much longer than rats that don’t!) Plus, blueberries are quite literally bursting with antioxidants — those amazing substances that keep your cells and body superhealthy. Add blueberries to smoothies and fruit salads, top your cereal with them, or freeze them and eat them like mini fruitsicles. Or make this creamy, blue smoothie to share.
- Cutting board
- Dinner knife (for slicing banana)
- Measuring cup
- Blender (adult needed)
- 1⁄2 can water or coconut water
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 overripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 ice cubes
- Put all the ingredients in the blender.
- Put the blender top on tightly. Turn on the blender to medium speed and blend until the mixture is smooth, 30-60 seconds.
- Divide the smoothie equally into 2 glasses and serve right away, or store in a thermos or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.