A smoothie is the perfect summertime grab-and-go breakfast: it’s cool and fruity, and you can put it in a jar or thermos when you head out the door.Newsletter Sign Up
- Put all the ingredients in the blender.
- Put the top on tightly. Turn on the blender to medium speed and blend until the mixture is smooth, 30–60 seconds.
- Divide the smoothie equally between the glasses or jars and serve right away. Or fill the thermos just before heading out.
To help make any smoothie colder and thicker, it’s great to have slices of
frozen banana ready to go. And it’s easy!
- Peel a ripe banana.
- Slice it into thin rounds.
- Put the slices in a resealable plastic bag and put in the freezer.
No blueberries? No problem! This recipe is great with strawberries, raspberries, or even cut-up peaches.