Black and White edamame
Green soybeans are fun to serve and fun to eat: just pop the beans out of the pods with your hands or teeth! Don’t be alarmed if it seems like a lot of salt: most of it is on the pods, which you don’t end up eating.
Medium-sized pot with lid
- Put 1 inch of water and the edamame pods in the pot and put the lid on.
- Put the pot on the stove and turn the heat to high. Once you see steam coming out from under the lid, cook the bean pods until they are bright green and still firm, about 10 minutes.
- Put the colander in the sink, carefully drain the bean pods, and put them in the serving bowl.
- Sprinkle the bean pods with salt and pepper and toss well.
- Serve warm, or cover and refrigerate up to overnight and serve chilled.