Beans and Greens
When you first chop up these ingredients, they’ll look like a mountain of greens. Don’t worry! They cook down to about 1/4 of their starting size.
Sharp knife (adult needed)
Colander or strainer
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your equipment and ingredients and put them on a counter.
- Open the beans with a can opener. Put the beans in the colander and rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Put the skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
- When it is hot, carefully add the oil.
- Add the garlic and cook until just golden, about 1 minute.
- Add the kale, stir, cover and cook 7 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, beans, and water, and cook until warmed throughout, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve plain or as a topping for cooked pasta.