These are different from the usual banana pancakes because the bananas are blended right into the batter rather than getting added in slices. And they’re so much fun to make! The blender does most of the work, and the pancakes cook up perfectly, with a great banana flavor.
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Large skillet
- Heatproof spatula
- Pot holders
- 2 plates
- 1 overripe banana, peeled
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable or coconut oil
- Maple syrup and/or fresh berries, for serving
- Put the banana, eggs, oats, baking powder, and salt in the blender.
- Put the top on tightly. Turn on the blender to medium speed and blend until the mixture is smooth, about 1 minute.
- Put the skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium. When the skillet is hot, add 1 teaspoon oil.
- Drop batter into the skillet with a 1⁄4-cup measure, spacing the pancakes far enough apart that they don’t run together. Cook until there are many little bubbles on each pancake’s surface, about 2 minutes. Use the spatula to flip the pancakes over, then cook until golden, about 2 minutes. Repeat with the remaining oil and the rest of the batter.
- Serve right away with maple syrup and/or fresh berries.
GET CREATIVE After you pour the batter into the skillet, try dotting each pancake with banana slices. Then you can call these Double-Banana Pancakes!