Why eat your bananas when you can drink them! If your bananas aren’t frozen, feel free to add an extra ice cube or two.
- Dinner knife
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Blender (adult needed)
- 2 glasses
- 2 overripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup milk or almond milk
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 2 ice cubes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch kosher salt
- Put all the ingredients in the blender.
- Put the top on tightly. Turn on the blender to medium speed and blend until the mixture is smooth, 30–60 seconds.
- Pour the smoothie into the glasses and serve right away, or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
THINK AHEAD To help make any smoothie colder and thicker, it’s great to have slices of frozen banana ready to go. And it’s easy!
- Peel an overripe banana.
- Slice it into thin rounds.
- Put the slices in a resealable plastic bag and put it in the freezer.