This is guacamole, more or less. Maybe less, since there are only 4 ingredients! Scoop it up with whole-grain chips or raw vegetables, top your sandwiches or burgers with it, spread it on toast, or dollop it on top of chicken, fish, or your favorite salad. Owen Osborne, our Kids Advisory Board member, recommends adding a little garlic to the mash. What would you add?
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife (adult needed)
- Small bowl
- 1 perfectly ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- pinch kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- Put the avocado in the bowl and mash it with the fork until it has the texture you like best.
- Add the lime juice, salt, and chili powder (if using) and mash again. Taste the mash. If it needs a pinch more salt or chili powder, or a squeeze more lime juice, add it and then taste again. Serve right away.