Think you hate anchovies? Think again. Anchovies: they’re small fish packed in salt and oil, and they have a strong flavor. Does that mean you have to hate them? Of course not! First, get ready to open your mind, then make this tangy, scrumptious salad dressing and put it on your favorite kind of salad greens or cut up some raw veggies for dipping. Now imagine that you’re going to like it — then taste it and see!
- Cutting board
- Garlic press or sharp knife (adult needed)
- Measuring cup
- Empty bottle or jar with lid
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 anchovy filets, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice or red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or basil leaves
- Put all the ingredients in the bottle and put the top on tightly.
- Shake well.
- Use right away or refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
DID YOU KNOW? Anchovies are usually used like a condiment. For example, they’re an ingredient in Caesar Salad dressing! If you like Caesar Salad, you might already like them. “Minced” means finely chopped. “Condiment” is something added to other foods to give extra flavor and make them taste even better.