Looking for a great way to spend some family time celebrating reading?
Below, we have a list of 6 great children’s books that your family can cozy up with. And if feasting with your eyes isn’t enough, we’ve included links for some recipes that your family can make after reading. Remember that cookbooks are books too, any many are available at your local library for your family to read and look through together.
1. If You Give A Pig A Pancake by Laura Numeroff
Serve with Buttermilk Pancakes
2. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs by Judi Barrett
Serve with Pasta and Quick and Easy Tomato Sauce
3. James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
Serve with Keen Peachy Smoothie
4. Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
Serve with Green Eggs (No Ham) Sandwich
5. Stone Soup by Marcia Brown
Serve with Hearty Three-Bean Soup
6. Bread and Jam for Frances by Russell Hoban
Serve with No Cook Raspberry Jam