Technical review and endorsement by the National WIC Association (NWA)
As a nutrition educator, your job is to provide information on healthy eating to safeguard the health of low-income women, infants, and children up to age five who are nutritionally at risk. Sprout is specially designed to guide WIC recipients in understanding what they can make from their WIC food packages—and how. This evergreen library provides the tools to help WIC families learn basic skills and delicious recipes to turn their WIC ingredients into nutritious meals. Each issue offers fresh ideas that state and local WIC nutrition coordinators can share with new families to help ensure a healthy start. The National WIC Association (NWA) provides technical review and endorsement.
- Cost-saving tips to stretch ingredients and minimize waste
- Practical, user-friendly cooking advice to support parents in cooking tasty, nutritious, and affordable meals for their children
- Step-by-step, ethnically diverse recipes using WIC ingredients to help recipients get the most out of their WIC food packages
- Tips on cooking with kids to pass on cooking skills for a lifetime of healthful habits
- Evergreen content for educating each new entrant into the WIC program
- Publication in English and Spanish
- No advertising
“ChopChop has provided local agency WIC nutritionists with a revitalized way to provide solid advice for parents in an engaging manner” —Ann Barone, Chief of the RI WIC Program
Give your WIC clients the life skills and recipes they need to prepare healthful and inexpensive meals for their families. Order 100 individual copies for only $100 (including shipping and handling). To order customized editions (10k+) or to order large quantities, please email us directly at email@example.com or call us at 617.924.3993.