ChopChop Kids Advisory Board
We are no longer accepting applications for the Kids Advisory Board for the year 2019-2020.
The ChopChop Kids Advisory Board provides valuable perspectives on kids cooking, family meals, and overall health and wellness. The goal of the Kids Advisory Board (KAB) is to highlight the power of the youth voice in order to create impactful changes within school communities and beyond. Working closely with ChopChop Family, the KAB works together and shares ideas on how to inspire others to cook real food in the kitchen.
Expectations of Kids Advisory Board members:
- Connect and share experiences with one another in order to learn and gain new ideas to make change.
- Initiate changes within their own neighborhoods and/or school districts.
- Partake in community health initiatives and serve as an ambassador and thought-leader (i.e. school health/cooking initiatives, food pantry volunteer programs, soup kitchens, meals on wheels, etc.).
- Distribute ChopChop Magazine to your school classroom.
- Attend 60-minute quarterly meetings at the ChopChop Family office or via web conference.
- Test new and old ChopChop recipes.
- Provide feedback for magazine design, games, curriculum, and ChopChop Cooking Club.
Who can apply?
Applicants must be between the ages of 7 and 14 years old when membership begins and live in the United States.
How do kids apply?
Those who apply will be asked to submit an application and permission slip.
What is the term of commitment?
The term of commitment is 1 year. A KAB member can serve up to 2 years total. We ask that returning members of the Board complete a “recommitment” application as well as sign a letter of recommitment every year.