ChopChop Kids Advisory Board
We're now accepting applications for the Kids Advisory Board for 2019-2020!
The ChopChop Kids Advisory Board provides valuable perspectives on kids cooking, family meals, and overall health and wellness. The goal of the Kids Advisory Board (KAB) is to highlight the power of the youth voice in order to create impactful changes within school communities and beyond. Working closely with ChopChop Family, the KAB works together and shares ideas on how to inspire others to cook real food in the kitchen.
Expectations of Kids Advisory Board members:
- Connect and share experiences with one another in order to learn and gain new ideas to make change.
- Initiate changes within their own neighborhoods and/or school districts.
- Partake in community health initiatives and serve as an ambassador and thought-leader (i.e. school health/cooking initiatives, food pantry volunteer programs, soup kitchens, meals on wheels, etc.).
- Distribute ChopChop Magazine to your school classroom.
- Attend 60-minute quarterly meetings at the ChopChop Family office or via web conference.
- Meeting 1: September 2019
- Meeting 2: December 2019
- Meeting 3: March 2020
- Meeting 4: June 2020
- Test new and old ChopChop recipes.
- Provide feedback for magazine design, games, curriculum, and ChopChop Cooking Club.
Who can apply?
Applicants must be between the ages of 7 and 14 years old when membership begins in 2019 and live in the United States.
How do kids apply?
Those who apply will be asked to submit an application and permission slip.
What is the term of commitment?
The term of commitment is 1 year. A KAB member can serve up to 2 years total. We ask that returning members of the Board complete a “recommitment” application as well as sign a letter of recommitment every year.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
- Carefully fill out all sections of the application accurately. We cannot consider incomplete forms.
- Download and complete permission slip.
- The application and permission slip forms must be completed and received or postmarked by August 1, 2019. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Email signed permission slip to email@example.com or mail completed application with signed permission slip to:
695-697 Belmont Street
Belmont, MA 02478
If accepted as a Kids Advisory Board Member with ChopChop Family, you must be available to attend an orientation and our first meeting in September in person or via web conference.