We’re Now Accepting Applications for the Kids Advisory Board For 2021-2022!
The ChopChop Family Kids Advisory Board provides valuable perspectives on kids cooking, family meals, and overall health and wellness. The goal of the Kids Advisory Board (KAB) is to highlight the power of your voice in order to create impactful changes within school communities and beyond. Working closely with ChopChop Family, the KAB works together and shares ideas on how to inspire other kids to cook real food with their families.
Expectations of Kids Advisory Board Members:
- Connect and share experiences with one another in order to learn and gain new ideas to make change.
- Attend orientation in October via web conference.
- Test new recipes for upcoming issues including: Spring 2022, Summer 2022, Fall 2022, Winter 2022
- Complete projects including taste testings and/or simple recipe development
- Initiate changes within your own neighborhood and/or school district.
- Participate in community health initiatives and serve as an ambassador and thought-leader (i.e. school health/cooking initiatives, food pantry volunteer programs, soup kitchens, meals on wheels, etc.).
- Distribute ChopChop Magazine to your school classroom, library, or local organizations
- Provide feedback for magazine design, games, curriculum, and ChopChop Cooking Club.
WHO CAN APPLY? Applicants must be between the ages of 8 and 14 years old when membership begins in 2021 and live in the United States.
HOW DO KIDS APPLY? Those who apply will be asked to submit an application and permission slip.
WHAT IS THE TERM OF COMMITMENT? The term of commitment is 1 year. A KAB member can serve up to 2 years total. We ask that returning members of the Board complete a “recommitment” application as well as sign a letter of recommitment every year.
- Carefully fill out all sections of the application accurately. We cannot consider incomplete forms.
- Download and have your adult complete the permission slip.
- The application and permission slip forms must be completed and received or postmarked by September 1, 2021 to be considered.
- Email signed permission slip to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If accepted as a Kids Advisory Board Member with ChopChop Family, you must be available to attend an orientation in October via web conference.